Okay this is my last review of an e-book for a while. I’m going to be reviewing The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching by Matthew S. Barnes. You can check out the Amazon page here. I received this book for free in exchange to read and review honestly. Here’s a picture of the cover of the book:
Here’s a quick summary of the book:
The Tao Te Ching has been interpreted many times and by many authors. This translation is not a strict line-by-line translation, but is instead an attempt to express the SPIRIT of the Tao Te Ching- to present what Lao Tzu (the original author) was teaching in modern and simple language. As such, this translation becomes immediately applicable and relevant to people today. The Tao Te Ching is an ancient Chinese book of wisdom whose teachings can truly change your life, and how you see it.
In this translation, written by a long time Tao Te Ching enthusiast, is a modern, simplified interpretation that will show you, in plain language:
– What is really in charge of everything (and it’s not you).
– How the Tides of Life work and how to let them work for you.
– How to merge with Life instead of fighting fruitlessly against IT.
– How to avoid suffering (it has to do with preferences and divisions).
– How to find your true home, carry it with you at all times, and stay safe within it.
– How to stay safe, no matter how hard the winds of Life blow around you.
– How to handle almost every situation Life throws at you.
– What real strength is and which kind endures.
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was really refreshing and a great read.
My rating is 10 out of 10. This is a great modern day translation of a classic book. It really makes you think about your life and the directions it’s going in.